Monday, June 18, 2007

Give of thy sons (and daughters)

Tomorrow morning dark and early Sarah and Tim board a plane to begin about a 30 hour transit --chasing the sun westward to the farther shores of the Pacific. This will be their first "solo" trip. They will be involved in street evangelism in Singapore, slum outreach in Indonesia and English camp in China. They will be gone for 6 to 7 weeks and we will miss them very much --but we are also very glad that they want to go, were willing to work to go, and the Lord has opened up such doors for them. Tonight we had a good time of prayer and of reading Psalm 91. We especially rejoiced in the closing verses where the Lord is speaking: "Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him, I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation" And so when they board their United flight and "take the wings of the morning" ...even to "the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall His hand lead them and His right hand shall hold them!"

Please pray for them. The next time I see them, Lord willing, will be somewhere in northern China in late July.

"Give of thy sons (and daughters) to bear the message glorious;
Give of thy wealth to speed them on their way;
Pour out thy soul for them in prayer victorious;
And all thou spendest, Jesus will repay."

1 comment: