Thursday, February 22, 2007

Happy Birthday George and Keith

Today is the birthday of two great Americans: George Washington and my brother, Keith, who turned 50 today. We shared many adventures growing up, from building a raft out of porch railings which sank on its maiden voyage, catching minnows in Dead Man's Creek, playing baseball, pulling seemingly unending rows of tobacco in the dusty red fields of southern Virginia, backyard campouts complete with grocery bags of popcorn and stacks of Superman and Sgt. Rock comic books, a few cracked bones and flared tempers during Sunday afternoon football scrimmages, to double-dating in his '61 Volkswagen Beetle. Even though we live miles apart now he is a blessing to me. Happy Birthday, old man!


Headed for the big league...


With my old brother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I *love* it, Timothée! The pix of you and your brother are great! I've put a link to your blog on my blog - http://blog.ivman.com

Robertspierre